What is the BusExpress No 86?
The Bus Express No 86 (or Bus Express 86 Hanoi) is a two-way daily bus which runs frequently from Noi Bai International Airport to Hanoi city (Hanoi Old Quarter). It was launched by Hanoi Transport Corporation Ltd, (Transerco) from 30/04/2016.
It is really useful for the airport transfer service:
- The orange bus can carry 80 passengers with a lot of luggage space,
- The bus assistants can speak English to support information for the tourist
- Free wifi is available on the bus (Impress Travel)
The orange Hanoi bus Express 86
How long does it take?
With the distance from the airport to the city is around 33 km, the full route takes about 55 minutes (in normal traffic)
The Timetable of the BusExpress No 86
Hanoi Railway Station open at 5:05 and closes at 21:40 (Impress Travel)
Noi Bai International Airport opens at 6:18 and closes at 22:58
Frequency of operation: 25 - 30 minutes / trip
This schedule doesn't change until now (July 2019)
The bus stop on the route of the BusExpress No 86
Hanoi Railway Station – Le Duan street - Nguyen Du - Yet Kieu - Tran Hung Dao – Da Tuong - Ly Thuong Kiet (Melia Hotel) – Hang Bai – Hoan Kiem Lake (75B Dinh Tien Hoang - Hanoi Post) (*)– Tran Nguyen Han – Hang Voi - Hang Tre - Hang Muoi - Tran Nhat Duat - Long Bien transit point – Yen Phu (midline reserved for buses) – Nghi Tam – Au Co – Nhat Tan Bridge – Vo Nguyen Giap – Domestic terminal T1 (A, B, E lobby - 2nd floor) of Noi Bai Airport – Vo Nguyen Giap – International terminal T2 (A1, A2 lobby - 2nd floor) of Noi Bai Airport – Parking lot at T1 terminal (Noi Bai Airport)
BusExpress 86 from Hanoi Railway Station to Noi Bai International Airport
Noi Bai International Airport: International Terminal T1 (A, B, E lobby - 1st floor)– Vo Nguyen Giap Street overpass – Vo Nguyen Giap – The domestic terminal T2 (gate D1, D2 - 1st floor) - Vo Nguyen Giap – Nhat Tan bridge – Au Co – Nghi Tam – Yen Phu (midline dedicated to buses) – Long Bien transit point – Tran Nhat Duat – Tran Quang Khai – Trang Tien – Le Thanh Tong – Hai Ba Trung – Ngo Quyen – Ly Thuong Kiet – Le Duan street – Hanoi Railway Station.Impress Travel
BusExpress 86 from Noi Bai International Airport to Hanoi Railway Station
How much does it cost?
Since 24 July 2018, the price is 35000 VND/ticket/person in the single way ticket (1,5$) and no ticket reservation is needed. It hasn't got a monthly ticket.
The place to catch the BusExpress No 86
- From Noi Bai Airport Terminal 1 (Domestic terminal): Right outside the terminal with the orange signpost
The T1 Terminal layout of Hanoi International Airport
- From Noi Bai Airport Terminal 2 (International terminal): Proceed to the stand no 02 outside the terminal, cross the road and the bus stop is right there. It is opposite the stand no 02.
Bus stop in Noi Bai airport
There are 6 tips and notes for the travellers for the first time using this BusExpress No 86 :
- There is no restriction regarding baggage allowance on the bus
- Ask the assistance the nearest bus stop you need to go
- The travel time between bus stops in the city centre is only 5 – 10mins so be sure to make it on time.
- (*) Due to the event "pedestrian street" on Hoan Kiem Lake from 5 pm – 12 pm every Friday, whole Saturday and Sunday, the BusExpress No 86 will change a stop (it becomes No 86CT). The stop Hoan Kiem Lake (75B Dinh Tien Hoang - Hanoi Post) will be replaced by the stop “opposite house No 6C Phan Chu Trinh (opposite the Hanoi Opera House)”.
- Although BusExpress No 86 can contain 80 passengers it has only 25 seats, so most passengers will have to stand during the journey, especially at high times
- The open and close time and the route maybe change belong to the special day like lunar new year event, national day, Impress Travel will update with the Transerco services' notes
Inside the bus
The hotline of the Bus Express 86:
- The number phone (Hotline) of the BusExpress No 86 is: 1900 1296
Hope the information in this post will be helpful for you in choosing a cheap, safety and reliable airport transfer. If you want to feedback or have more detail information, contact [email protected]. Wish you have an impress journey in Hanoi tours!
* The reference source is from https://www.facebook.com/BusExpress86/, http://www.transerco.vn
* The price and route of this Bus Express 86 is checked in June 2019