Noi Bai International Airport (NIA) is the official name of Hanoi Airport which has a Vietnamese name is "Sân bay quốc tế Nội Bài" (IATA: HAN, ICAO: VVNB). It is considered as the main and biggest gateway of Hanoi and North Vietnam to and from other cities in Vietnam and other cities all over the world.
If this is the first time you visit Hanoi (or North Vietnam), you will be here before transfer to other destinations: the city centre of Hanoi (or Hanoi Old Quarter), Ninh Binh, Halong or Sapa ...
The locations of Noi Bai International Airport in Google Map
The main list of this chapter:
- The Domestic Terminal T1 of Noi Bai International Airport (HAN)
- The International Terminal T2 of Noi Bai International Airport (HAN)
- The services of Noi Bai Airport
Noi Bai International Airport has 2 passenger terminals that are the domestic Terminal T1 and International Terminal T2
1. The Domestic Terminal T1 of Noi Bai International Airport (HAN)
HAN - The terminal T1 and T2 from the Google Maps view
If your flight departs from one of these cities: Ho Chi Minh City, Phu Quoc, Can Tho, Da Lat, Buon Ma Thuot, Pleiku, Quy Nhon, Nha Trang, Hue, Danang, Vinh ... (all in Vietnam), and arrive at Hanoi, you will get your luggage on the first floor of Terminal T1. This terminal is the place where Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Airlines, and Jetstar Airlines are located
The first-floor layout of Terminal T1 - Noi Bai International Airport - ARRIVAL DOMESTIC PASSENGER
(see more about DOMESTIC ARRIVAL PASSENGER - in Passenger Guide list)
And backward, if you are preparing to travel from Hanoi to other cities in Vietnam, you'll need to go to the second floor of Terminal T1 to depart.
The second-floor layout of Terminal T1 - Noi Bai International Airport - DEPARTURE DOMESTIC PASSENGER
(see more about Domestic Arrival Passenger - in Passenger Guide list)
In the layout, we can see the A, B, C, D and E area where are the locations of the Hall A, B, C, D and E for the travellers' check-in:
- Hall A (check-in counters numbered from 01 to 30): Vietnam Airlines, Vietjet Air (HAN - SGN route), Vasco
- Hall B (check-in counters numbered from 31 to 60): Vietnam Airlines
- Hall E (check-in counters numbered from 101 to 138): Jetstar Pacific, Vietjet Air (others domestic route), Hai Au
- Kios check-in: 03 counters
In fact, the terminal T1 building has 4 floors with the offices on the third floor and the restaurants & cafes on the fourth floor
The third-floor layout of Terminal T1 - Noi Bai International Airport - OFFICES
The fourth-floor layout of Terminal T1 - Noi Bai International Airport - RESTAURANTS & CAFES
2. The International Terminal T2 of Noi Bai International Airport (HAN)
Overview of the Terminal T2 - Hanoi Noi Bai Airport (Image from Internet)
On the way to visit Hanoi - Vietnam from other countries, your flight will land on at Noi Bai International Airport and you have to pass the second-floor of Terminal T2 to health screening and immigration (6 steps for the International Arrival Passenger) Then you'll get your baggage on the first-floor of Terminal T2
The second-floor Layout of T2 terminal - Noi Bai Airport - IMMIGRATION OF ARRIVAL INTERNATIONAL PASSENGER
The centre of the first floor T2 includes of arrival duty-free, arrival international passenger hall, arrival baggage conveyors, departure baggage conveyors, lost & found, technical room, bus platform, service area, staff room, restroom, information counter, ticket counter, stores. While the 2 wings of it are offices and technique areas
The first-floor layout of Terminal T2 - Noi Bai International Airport - ARRIVAL INTERNATIONAL PASSENGER
In the case, your next destination is another cites such as Luang Prabang, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul-Incheon, Guangzhou, Beijing, Tokyo, Moscow, Dubai, Paris-Charles de Gaulle, Frankfurt, Heathrow, Sydney ... you need to go to the third floor of Terminal T2 to check-in.
+ Centre of the third-floor area comprises of the commercial service area, check-in area, security and customs inspection, etc.
+ 2 wings of it are the waiting lounges
The third-floor layout of Terminal T2 - Noi Bai International Airport - DEPARTURE INTERNATIONAL PASSENGER
In this area, we can find the check-in island A, B, C, D (in the left-wing) and E, F, G, H (in the right-wing) of many airlines:
- Check-in island A: Air Asia, Jeju Air, Hong Kong Airlines, Tiger Airways and VietJet Air
- Check-in island B: Qatar Airways, Ana (All Nippon Airways), Japan Airlines, Jetstar Pacific and VietJet Air
- Check-in island C: Korean Air, Aeroflot (Russian Airlines), Eva Air, Air Macau, Mandarin Airlines
- Check-in island D: Malaysia Airline, Dragonair, China Airlines, Asiana Airlines, Cebu Pacific
- Check-in island E: Thai Airline, Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Kenya Airways, China Eastern,
- Check-in island F: Lao Airlines, China Southern and Vietnam Airlines
- Check-in island G/ H: Vietnam Airlines
(each island consists of 24 check-in counters making a total of 96 counters and 10 other counters of kiosk check-in)
The third-floor layout of Terminal T2 - Noi Bai International Airport - VIP & BUSINESS LOUNGE AND AIRLINES REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE
- All the layout images of Terminal T1 & T2 - Noi Bai International Airport from the website of NIA: http://noibaiairport.vn
3. The services of Noi Bai Airport
3.1 Utility service
- 3 step to connect Free internet & Wifi:
1. Search for wifi name “Noi Bai Airport Free Wi-Fi”
2. Open your web browser (not app) – Login page
3. Please fill in a Form (login) or click Access -> Connect to the internet
Hotline: 08 6254 3333
This public access Wi-Fi service is not encrypted so please ensure services such as banking, e-mail and social networking sites have security such as SSL enabled.
- Where to find the Charger for your smartphone?
Noi Bai International Airport has provided free charger, you can find it at the terminal T1 & T2:
Domestic Passenger Terminal T1
Public areas on the first floor
Hall A & E
Departure lounge on the second floor
Hall A, B, E
International Passenger Terminal T2
Public areas on the third floor
2 locations beside information counter
09 locations near gate 21, 22, 23, 28, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
(Location of chargers can be found in details on Terminal Layout)
- Free drink:
After the security check, we have to remove most of our bottles and the Airport provides the free drinking machine at both International and Domestic passenger hall:
At the Domestic Passenger Terminal (T1) - Departure lounge on the second floor - Each position in Hall A, B, E.
At the International Passenger Terminal (T2) - Departure lounges: there are 04 locations near gate 21, 25, 32, 35
- Baby care room and children playground:
01 baby care room at the International Departure lounge on the 3rd Floor, West Wing, International Passenger Terminal T2 (Availabilities in the room: baby crib, baby change table)
01 playground near gate 33, International Departure lounge, Terminal 2 for kids during waiting for boarding. Availabilities: fun swing, seesaw, carousel, slide etc., …
- First Aid - emergency
Medical service is provided 24/24 daily with the presence of the doctors, nurses and the necessary facility, medicine, 3 first aid rooms which can meet the demand for timely first aid (time for presence will not exceed 10 minutes upon request) and the demand for the emergency case for air passenger. Detailed services:
- First aid for passengers / Medicine
- First aid and ambulance to nominated hospitals;
- Ambulance, rescue in the emergency case;
- Coordination in quarantine at the airport.
Location of first aid room:
- Arrival hall – first floor- west of Internation Terminal (T2).
- International departure lounge – third floor – International Terminal
- Arrival hall – first floor- Hall A – Domestic Terminal (T1)
- Medical emergency team – Noi Bai Airport Controlling Centre - Tel: 04.3587.6600 Extention number 6300
- Free E-car services to transfer in T2 terminal
After check-in at the departure hall of the International Passenger Terminal (T2), the travellers can use a free service to transfer between the souvenir shop, restaurants with the gate. The electric car has 4 seats with a maximum of 12 km/h and it needs about 10 minutes from the West to East route and back
3.2 Special Services
- First & Business Class Lounge
Business Lounge of Vietnam Airlines
Inside that area (Image from Internet)
First and Business Class Lounge is on the fourth floor of the International Departure Lounge - International Passenger Terminal (T2)
For more information, please contact:
Noi Bai Aviation Trading and Service Centre
Office: Second floor, East Wing, Terminal 2
Noi Bai International Airport, Phu Minh, Soc Son, Ha Noi.
Hope the information in this Guide to Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) will be useful for you when visiting Hanoi for the first time. If you want to feedback or have more detail information, please hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Wish you have an impress journey in Hanoi tours!
HANOI TRAVEL TOURS >>>